So what can I do about Xbox 360's 3 red lights

So you woke up and today and went to turn on your Xbox 360 and what do you know, you've got the 3 red lights!! Now before you go tossing your Xbox 360 in the garbage or taking your frustrations out on it there are some things you could do that might get rid of your Xbox 360's 3 red lights.
                      MAKE SURE YOU ALLOW YOUR XBOX 360 AT LEAST 2 HOURS TO COOL DOWN BEFORE TRYING EACH SUGGESTION

  • Check your connections, unplug and replug everything in. Sometimes a loose power supply with cause your Xbox 360's 3 red lights.
  • Make sure you don't have something blocking a vent on either your Xbox 360 or the power brick itself.
  • Make sure you place your Xbox 360 in a well ventilated area.
  • If your warranty is void or you don't mind voiding it, open up the top part of the case itself, gently lift the disc drive out of the system and disconnect it. Next lift up the white piece of metal that runs from the vents  to your CPU and GPU, At this point you can take Duster and spray the vents clean and the motherboard. Also I recommend removing the fan and cleaning that as well. this will sometimes get rid of the Xbox 360 3 red lights.
  • One thing I tried that gave me a little more time on my Xbox 360 was after I removed the cover i placed a store bought mini fan on top of the motherboard. It worked as a temporary fix, but eventually my Xbox 360 3 red lights returned.
  • See if there are any Xbox 360 repair techs locally, I found a guy who replaced my disc drive for $50 when I had the open tray error, unfortunately it was also a temporary fix.
If all else fails you could always send your Xbox 360 back to Microsoft ( if your still under warranty ) and pay them $140+ to fix it and send it back in about 2 months or you could spend a fraction of that and choose from some of the guides on how to fix your Xbox 360 3 red lights. I personally used This Guide and have yet to have any problems with the 2 Xbox 360's I got up and running, and it only took me about 2 hours and a trip to the hardware store to do it. Like i said though its only a suggestion there are a lot of guides on how to fix your Xbox 360 3 red lights, this is just the one that worked best for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment